A stable, well-functioning financial market for all
How to avoid being scammed
Last reviewed: 2021-08-09
- Do not accept investment offers over the phone, particularly if they are marketed as a fast and easy way to make a lot of money. Respectable companies seldom offer financial investments over the phone, and particularly not at night.
- Stop and ask: Why have I been chosen for such a great opportunity? If an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Do not invest if you do not understand how the investment works. The financial market is complex and has many complicated products. Read more about securities at konsumenternas.se.
- Verify that the company has authorisation from the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority. In our Company Register, we list companies that have authorisation to conduct business or are registered with FI. If the company contacting you does not have authorisation, you should not do business with them.
- Verify that we have not issued a warning about the company. Our Investor Alerts contain the names of companies that are conducting business without authorisation.
- Never allow someone you do not know to connect remotely to your computer.
- Never use your Bank ID at the request of someone else.
- Never log in to your bank at the request of someone else.
- Never share your log-in codes with someone else.