Both financial firms and non-financial business operators are subject to the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act.
Finansinspektionen is responsible for supervising the financial firms. Other authorities and self-regulating bodies are responsible for supervising the non-financial entities. This page sets out the authority or self-regulating body which is responsible for supervising the respective business operators.
Finansinspektionen supervises natural and legal persons conducting
- banking or financing business
- mortgage lending business
- life insurance business
- securities business
- financial operations with an application obligation and professional trade with or management of virtual currencies
- currency exchange subject to an application obligation
- deposit business
- insurance mediation of life insurance
- issuance of electronic money
- fund operations
- payment institutions
- operations to provide payment services without being a payment institution
- alternative investment fund management
- certain consumer credit-related operations.