The operational section is responsible for:
- supervision of clearing organisations for payments, payment service providers, financial institutions and electronic money issuers
- supervision of payment risks and IT risks
- security protection and defence preparedness
- matters related to money laundering
- supervision of payment-related consumer protection matters
- matters related to authorisation
- regulations and sanction assessments
- development of regulations in the payment sector, both national and international
- reporting pursuant to the Second Payment Services Directive and the Payment Account Directive.
Malin Alpen is the executive director of the Payments section.